Sunday, January 27, 2008

South Carolina Got the Message



South Caroline got the message. They voted for Barak Obama and not Hillary Clinton. I know Senator Obama was not my first choice, but it is quickly becoming obvious that Senator Edwards will not win this race. So if that makes me a fair weather voter so be it.

There is one thing I can say though. I have never said anything bad about Senator Obama. I think he will be a great president if elected, and would have an easier time getting elected than Hillary. I am not just saying that, I have done some research. I have spoken to many supporters of other candidates who have told me that if Hillary is the nominee they will not vote. I am one of them.

I want to make it clear. I lived in NY the two times Mrs Clinton ran for the US Senate. Both times I supported her, and both times I voted for her. Both times I did my best to get her as many votes as I could. When people called her a carpetbagger, I reminded them of the Clinton years. I also think President Clinton is one of the best presidents this country has ever seen. If there were no term limits I guarantee you he'd get elected again, and I would be happy to support him.

But the Clinton campaign has run such divisive campaign this time, there is no way I can see myself voting for her. If she is the nominee, I will be voting for the green party. Maybe pray that Michael Bloomberg decides to run. The way they have attacked Barak Obama is despicable. Have they for one second stop to think "what if Hillary doesn't win? aren't we just giving the republicans some material?"

Now we approach "Super Tuesday", that will be the moment of truth for all candidates. IMHO I think it is time for Senator Edwards to drop out of the race and throw his support to Senator Obama. I hate to say that, because I think Senator Edwards has the most to offer, but if we want change we can't wait until after Super Tuesday.

1 comment:

unitybroth said...

America needs and deserves a president with vision and a proven track record of solving tough problems and delivering real results, a president who can bring America together through true leadership and fine character.

I believe that Mayor Bloomberg, a proven successful businessman and public servant, is the leader to help us rebuild our country.

Please join me at draftbloomberg.com by signing the petition that will help convince Mayor Bloomberg to run for President of the United States.