Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Why not Hillary?


I received an email recently asking me why not Hillary? First of all, let me just say that if Hillary were the candidate for president I would vote for her. I would also be happy if she were president. She is a smart and capable woman, and she would put the country in the right direction. Plus you would get Bill Clinton in the package, and God knows, if he were able to run for president again, he would win.

But if I like Hillary Clinton that much, then how come I am backing up Edwards. Well, for starters I have heard John Edward's message and he is right on. He admited he made a mistake in giving the authorization to go to war. Call me crazy, but I like that in a person. If you know you are wrong you admit it and fix it. Hillary has danced around the subject way too much. She said she was misled. Just say "they lied and I fell for it, my mistake." And move on. Not admiting a mistake does not make you stron, it makes you George Bush, and IMHO that is the worst thing you can be.

No comments: