Monday, February 12, 2007

I Pick John Edwards


Why John Edwards

Although I like all the people who have announced that they are running for president I have to say that my favorite is John Edwards. Don’t get me wrong, all the candidates running for president on the Democratic side would be a huge improvement from the clown who now resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. That’s not much to say, a stray cat would make a better president than W.

The reason why I am picking Edwards as the best candidate is that he is talking about two things that no other candidate likes to mention. Universal health care, and the poor.

It is about time someone said it, it is embarrassing that in the most powerful nation in the world we do not have universal health care. Every industrialized nation in the world takes care of the health of its citizens, and don’t tell me that the health care in this nations does not compare to ours, believe me, a person in Toronto has as good a chance to make it as does someone in Chicago. The people in power do not want you to know that because that’s how they make money. I find it disgusting that people have to decide between food or medicine. That is just wrong. Isn’t that a moral issue?

The other subject is the poor. Does anyone really care about them anymore? John Edwards does. He has been calling attention to their issues ever since I learned his name. Senator Edwards is a man of the people and as such he shows he cares. It is sickening to me that in a country as wealthy as the United States of America, we have people going hungry at night struggling to find a way to get the next meal. Kids going to school hungry, seniors deciding between medicine or food. Not in my country! I feel John Edwards is the man for the job, the man with the vision.

IMHO I believe that John Edwards is the man who will rescue this country from mud the current administration has created. He is the man who will dig us out of the hole. I just hope that when he gets out of the primaries as the winner, he picks the best candidate for VP. Not Lieberman, not Kerry… How about President Edwards and Vice President Clark?

1 comment:

NCNY said...

I really like Edwards. I think he has interesting positions on certain issues. However, I just would like to see him lead a more agressive campaign. We need to have candidates who go on the offense more decisively and stop apologizing for saying what's right. The more they apologize, the more material they give the lazy media.